Attending bridal shows are exciting, fun and exhausting all at the same time.
Here are some vital tips to help you navigate the shows and get the most enjoyment out of your experience.
1. Create a separate e-mail address for just your wedding and the vendors. This way, once you are married, it can be erased, saving you valuable e-mail space.
2. Create labels that include: bride’s name, groom’s name, address, phone
number, e-mail address and wedding date. Print out a few sheets of these and take them to the wedding shows. There will be plenty of enter-to-win opportunities, and this will save you time and lessen the chance of acquiring writer’s cramp.
3. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
4. Wear undergarments in case you decide to try on wedding dresses.
5. There are always bridal gown shops offering discounts and special buys on discontinued gowns at the show. You never know, you may just find that dream dress on the sale rack.
6. Bring a planner and/or appointment book. Many vendors offer discounts if you book a consultation appointment with them on the spot.
7. Bring your checkbook. You may find that perfect vendor and want to take advantage of a special offer. Make sure you ask about cancellation policies in advance.
8. Be patient, the shows are busy. From registering at the front door to browsing the aisles, brides and their companions want to be well-informed. And if you take your time you won’t miss anything - your experience will be more enjoyable.
9. Bring fabric swatches of your colors. This way vendors have a better idea of your vision and can give helpful advice and suggestions.
10. Bring a camera. With all the displays there will be certain design aspects that will catch your eye and help the vendor you choose make your dream wedding a reality.
11. Have a budget and guest list (quantity) in mind.This will help you and prospective vendors stay within your means.